Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hamburger Gravy

Do you remember having this in grade school? I didn't till I saw it on a blog {can't remember where} and then it brought back a flood of school day cafeteria memories!! This was one of my favorites!

1 lb. hamburger
1 sm. onion, chopped ~ I just used about a tablespoon of minced
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. water
1 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Mashed potatoes ~ I just whipped up some instant

Brown hamburger and onion. Stir in flour. Add water and cook until thickness you prefer. Add Kitchen Bouquet to color, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve on mashed potatoes.
As always I doubled this and my potatoes! The kids loved it, except Justin, but what's new!! Served along with corn, and hot rolls!! It's a keeper!! Went so fast I didn't even get a picture!!

No comments: