Thursday, March 4, 2010

Salisbury Steak

This was really good and so easy!! I forgot to take a picture cause I always like to include one with the recipes. I will take one next time cause I will definately make this again! This recipe comes from Recipes For Moms. As always I doubled this to have some for John's lunch! I love that he loves leftovers and doesn't complain!

1 lb. ground beef
1/2. saltine crackers ~ crushed
1 egg ~ beaten
1/4 c. onion ~ chopped
1/2 t. salt
pepper to taste
1/2 c. water
1 12 oz. jar turkey gravy ~ I used the beef flavor

Combine beef, crushed crackers, beaten egg, onions, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Mix well and form into 4-6 patties depending on size the want them. Set aside. Combine water and gravy in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through. Whip up some mashed potatoes,pour over some of the yummy gravy, have some green beans and you have yourself another hearty meal!!

No comments: