Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chopped Ranch Salad

I discovered this recipe from a couple of different blogs on the same day and they were pretty similar. One was from Blogging...It's whats for dinner where she just had the salad part and the other was from John's niece, Sherelle Christensen where she had something similar and put it in a pita! So good!! I just made a big bowl of this so my measurements aren't going to be exact! You could make enough to feed 6 or more or just make enough to feed one!!

Pita pockets ~ I used whole wheat
chicken ~ cooked and diced
tomatoes ~ diced ~ I used 3
1 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon
cucumber ~ peeled and sliced
2 head of hearts of Romaine
Prepared Ranch dressing
cheese of your choice ~ either shredded or diced into small cubes, if you use cubes I would add it to the mixture, if you use shredded I would just put it on top!!

Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Add ranch and toss to coat! Serve in pita's {I warmed them in the microwave for about 5-20 seconds to warm and soften a little bit} and top with cheese! Remember you can adjust this to feed alot or just a few! You can mix everything together except the ranch and keep in the refrigerator and add ranch as needed if you're making this for one or two people and have for several days! Next time I am going to add sprout and some diced avocados. Oh and salsa would be good too!!

No comments: