Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Heaart Cake Dessert {super easy & super cute}.....

or for any occasion for that matter when ya wanna show a little love!!! I know it's late but I found this super cute and super easy {I know I said that already, but it really is} dessert at Real Mom Kitchen {the picture is hers too} and knew the family would love it!

1/8 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tsp cornstarch
1 cup frozen raspberries
Twinkies
1.In a small sauce pan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk the water into the sugar mixture until well blended. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and gently stir in raspberries. {I added my raspberries during cooking, constantly stirring, and then strained the sauce through a mesh strainer with the back of a spoon so I was left with a smooth sauce, my kids aren't "chunky" fruit fans, and poured it into a squeeze bottle to drizzle over Twinkies}. Allow the mixture to cool.

2.Cut Twinkies in half diagonally, a sharp diagonal, starting about 1 in. down from top left to 1 in. from bottom of opposite side. {I threw my Twinkies in the freezer for about 20 minutes so they were a little more firm when I cut them}. For each heart, put 2 halves together on a plate. Spoon raspberry mixture on top and around hearts.



This is my picture!! Not quite as pretty! I was going to add a few fresh raspberries but forgot!!! But they all loved it!! Even Justin!! You could also drizzle with chocolate sauce too, yum!!
Hope everyone had a very Happy Valentine's day!!!

No comments: