Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bloomin' Onion Bread

This was so good!!! We had mom and dad down for dinner and I saw this recipe and picture at The Girl Who Ate Everything who got it from The Changable Table {she has step by step pictures on her blog} and I just had to make it! And so glad I did!! Warm, cheesy, and pull apart good!!! You eat it just like the Bloonin' Onion at Outback.....just pull apart and enjoy!!

1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted ~ I will do 1 c. next time I make this
1/2 cup finely diced green onion
2 teaspoons poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the bread lengthwise and width wise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving. ~ I had John do this and he used an electric knife and it worked really slick.
Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Insert cheese slices between cuts. Combine butter, onion, and poppy seeds. Drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.

We were talkin' with we were eating this about how many ways you could make this.....add some garlic salt for a garlicy twist or add some oregano and pepperoni slices and olives and dip it in some marinara!!! Here's my picture....as always not as great and I only added onion to half since dad is not an onion lover {unless he's eating chips and french onion dip....how weird is that}!!

No comments: